The Settings page is used to set per user settings.
- Why can't I access settings?
- How do I change my password?
- What are the Query Columns options used for?
- What other options are available?
You must have an account on Traffic Sentinel before you can access and modify settings. If you have an account, click on the Login link on the top right of the page to log in to your account. Otherwise, use the Sentinel:File>Users page to create a new account.
Select the Change Password option at the top of the page. You will be given a form that allows your password to by changed.
Note: You can only change your password through this screen if local password authentication is being used. If Radius authentication is being used, you will need to change the password on the Radius server. The Sentinel:File>Users page is used to set the authentication method and can be used to reset a forgotten password.
The traffic tables in the database contain a large number of possible columns. To simplify query forms, rarely used attributes can be masked out so that they don't appear in selection lists.
To change which attributes are shown, select the Query Columns option at the top of the page. In the table, only attributes with a check mark next to their name will be shown. To show an attribute click on the box next to it's name so that a check mark is shown. To hide an attribute click on the box to remove the check mark. Click on the Submit button at the bottom of the form to complete the changes.
The following options can be changed by selecting the Preferences option at the top of the page:
- Map Height, change the height of maps on the Sentinel:Maps pages.
- Circles Chart Height, change the height of the chart on the Sentinel:Traffic>Circles page.
- # Circles Protocols, change the number of protocols identified in the chart legend on the Sentinel:Traffic>Circles page.
- # Circles Flows, change the number of flows displayed in the chart on the Sentinel:Traffic>Circles page.
- TopN Chart Height, change the height of the chart on the Sentinel:Traffic>Top N page.
- # TopN Chart Entries, change the number of entries per bar displayed on the chart on the Sentinel:Traffic>Top N page.
- # Custom Charts, change the number of custom charts shown in the Chart option button on the Sentinel:Traffic>Top N page.