The Status page displays the status of servers rolled up hierarchically.
- How do I navigate the server hierarchy?
- What are the columns in the status table?
- What are the rows in the status table?
- What do the different colors mean?
The Filter bar at the top of the screen provides a way to navigate through the network hierarchy (see File>Configure to see how to group network devices). At the top level, a list of Zones is shown, once you have selected a zone, the view will drill down to only show information from the selected zone, and a list of Groups will appear. Select a group and the view will drill down to only show the information from the selected group and a list of Agents will appear. Finally if you select an agent, the lists Hosts being monitored by the agent will be displayed. Click on the links at any level in the path and you will move back up the tree to that level.
Click on the Hosts button to go to see host performance trends (see Sentinel:Hosts>Trend). Click on the Explore button to see long term trends (see Sentinel:Report>Explore). If a single agent has been selected an Agent Details button will appear. Click on the button to see detailed information about the agent (see Sentinel:Search>Agent/Interface). Finally, if a single server instance has been selected a Host Details button will applear. Click on the button to see detailed information about the host (see Sentinel:Search>Host).
Each column in the table indicates the status of either network devices, or of performance thresholds. The columns are:
- Status, indicates whether the device is up or down as determined by a ping test.
- CPU, threshold status for any of the host CPU metrics.
- Memory, threshold status for any of the host memory performance metrics.
- IO, threshold status for any of the host IO performance metrics.
- Network, theshold status for any of the host network performance metrics.
- Operations, threshold status for any of the application performance metrics.
- Errors, threshold status for any of of the applicator error metrics.
Each row of status indicators summarizes the worst status of all the servers in a part of the network. The top, Site, row summarizes status for the whole site. The next, Summary, row summarizes status all the other rows in the table.
Note: See File>Configure for information on configuring thresholds.
The following status colors are used:
- Unknown No status information associated with this item.
- Good The status of all components of this item is acceptable.
- Warn At least one component of this item is indicating a warning.
- Critical At least one component of this item is indicating a critical warning.