Enter a protocol pattern and click on the Submit button.
- How do I get details if there is more than one protocol in the results?
- What do the buttons at the top of the result page do?
- What search patterns can I use?
If more than one protocol matches the pattern then the matches will be listed. Click on a row in the table to see details of that protocol.
Search results may contain one or more of the following buttons across the top of the page:
- Servers real-time chart of the top servers for the selected protocol (see Sentinel:Traffic>Top N).
- Clients real-time chart of the top clients of the protocol (see Sentinel:Traffic>Top N).
- Connections button to see a real-time chart of the top connection using the selected protocol (see Sentinel:Traffic>Top N).
- Circles circles view showing the top connections (see Sentinel:Traffic>Circles).
- Explore query historical traffic for information about selected protocol (see Sentinel:Report>Explore).
Protocol search strings have the pattern,
The following protocols are recognized:
As well as explicitly providing a protocol and port, patterns can be used to search for protocols, for example:
The * symbol in a pattern matches any sequence of zero or more characters, for example the pattern router* would match: "router", "routers", "router123" etc. The ? symbol matches any single character, for example the pattern router? would match: "routers", "router1", "router2", but not "router" or "router12".