The Trend page displays real-time interface counter and status information.
- How do I navigate the network hierarchy?
- How do I select the charts to display?
- How do I zoom into a chart?
The Filter bar at the top of the screen provides a way to navigate through the network hierarchy (see File>Configure to see how to group network devices). At the top level, a list of Zones is shown, once you have selected a zone, the view will drill down to only show information from the selected zone, and a list of Groups will appear. Select a group and the view will drill down to only show the information from the selected group and a list of Agents will appear. Finally if you select an agent, its Interfaces will be shown. Click on the links at any level in the path and you will move back up the tree to that level. Click on the Show Map button to view a map of the selected part of the network (see Sentinel:Maps>Layer 2). If a single agent has been selected an Agent Details button will appear. Click on the button to see detailed information about the agent (see Sentinel:Search>Agent/Interface). Finally, if a single interface is selected an Explore button will appear. Click on the button to see long term trends for the interface (see Sentinel:Report>Explore).
The following Filter settings are available:
- Show choose the metric to trend. Interfaces will be sorted by the metric with the charts corresponding to the largest values displayed first.
- ifType select interfaces with a particular SNMP ifType, All to select any ifType.
- ifSpeed select interfaces with a particular SNMP ifSpeed, All to select any ifSpeed.
- Truncate controls the maximum number of charts displayed.
- Date select a date, clicking on today's date will track most recent data.
- Time selects the hour at the start of the Interval, Now will track most recent data.
- Interval selects the number of minutes of data to display. The interval starts from the specified Time, or if Time is set to Now displays an interval going back from the current minute.
Clicking on a chart sets the Filter to select the specific interface and displays a larger version of the chart.